The jalapeno is optional, if you aren't fond of spicy foods. The spices that are in the meatloaf help keep the flavors on par, so the jalapeno isn't missed if you choose to omit it. I served this dish with some mashed potatoes (skinny) and simple steamed green beans. Very filled and diet-friendly.
Cook Time: 50 minutes @ 350F
Prep Time: < 5 minutes
Serves: 6 (cut into 6 slices)
- oil spray
- 1 lb grass-fed lean ground beef
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1/2 medium bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced (seeds and ribs removed, if you like)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1.5 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground chili powder
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350F. Prep a loaf pan with some olive oil spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients by hand. Make sure to not over mix.
Place the meatloaf mixture into the loaf pan and spread evenly.
Transfer the loaf pan to the oven and bake for about 50 minutes or until the meatloaf is completely cooked through.
Allow the meatloaf to set for about 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutritional Info per serving:
Calories: 250 ; Fat: 15g ; Carbohydrate: 9g ; Fiber: 1.5g ; Sugar: 0 ; Protein: 15.5g